Friday, July 17, 2009

Doodles




You might think that after not posting anything for ten days I could come up with something better then a couple of doodles from my sketchbook but you would be wrong. Some days, weeks, months whatever just go like that, plenty of drawing and nothing worth posting. (not that this is but don't want my few readers to go away) If you draw or write or do anything I'm sure you know those times come where you do nothing but fill the wastebasket :).


The wife and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie yesterday. I like the movies, in fact think it's a great series. Love the graphic effects in all of them and the story has been good and seeing the kids grow up through it all makes it all the better. This one wasn't my favorite although again the characters are growing up and we see romantic interests developing. I won't say anymore about it as I don't want to ruin anyones experience.


My wife is the Harry expert here. She has read all the books, probably twice and seen the movies more then that. She kind of ruins it for me as she had filled me in on what would happen before we ever thought about going. She also spends hours telling me how the movies do not follow the books and what is left out and changed and this and that, things I don't care much about. I do intend to read the books sometime but always seem to have something else to do. (besides we have mostly the pocket sized books and being closing in on sixty now I tend to fall asleep after reading small print for more then five or ten minutes.) Takes me about a month to read the average book anymore.


The doodles here were on the way back on the surprise trip to Target where she just ran in to pay her bill. An hour later I had done these and a bunch others. I always take a sketch book or magazine or something when we leave the house as there is always a surprise stop that will just take a few minutes.


I do have another drawing scanned that I wasn't going to post but if this uploads soon I will. Also have two new posts on the other blog if you feel like looking.

No comments: