In out back yard we have an apple tree, not that we get apples from it, just little green golf ball size wormy things. We never spray it which could be part of the problem. The apples would be good for whipping at things if you wanted but not for eating. Same with our grape vine ( not in the picture). We do get grapes but kind of bitter to eat. The neighbor to the back used to get them and make jam or something but he passed away so lately they go to waste.
Anyway, the apple tree is pretty for awhile, with the flowers it gets. My wife wanted me to knock all the flowers off so it wouldn't get fruit which of course I didn't and probably too late now.